We held a GBM this past Thursday and below are the key highlights:
* We are doing a new fundraiser, Trick-or-treat for Change TODAY from 5-8 pm. If you signed up before 11 AM this morning you received an e-mail from Laura, who is heading the event. We are going to Rittenhouse square to ask for change donations …dressed as construction workers. It’s going to be a good time. If you still want to sign up feel free. Meeting at Mario the dragon at 4:45 today.
* Elections for board positions have been announced. At the next GBM we will hand out applications for the board positions – new members who are eager to make a difference are encouraged to apply – there are several open positions.
* Rake-a-thon is now upon us and dates for flyering/raking have been posted at: signup.duhabitat.org (paste into browser). We will need all the help we can get – if you can make multiple dates that would be great, bring friends too! I will post more details on our web site for those not familiar with the fundraiser.
* Something not mentioned at the meeting is that we are trying to “adopt” a family for Thanksgiving. I’m sure you’re all familiar – we basically put together a basket of food, with a gift card for the Turkey, and an organization will drop it off to a family in need. This is a great charity act that helps a family be able to celebrate the holidays. When I have more info of what we need, I will post to the web site and ask you guys to bring donations (food) to the next GBM if you can.
* Canning at the Phillies Game – we are going to try to go canning at the Phillies game Monday night – details are still being worked out. Again, updates to follow, hopefully tonight. This will be a great fundraiser if we can get it together though.
* We are in the process of computerizing the 2 designs that were received for the Habi-hoodie contest – hopefully we can reveal those at the next meeting.